Pages

Mini Make Up Revolution Haul

Monday 9 March 2015


Hello lovelies :) Today I am off sick from work from the lovely change in the English weather which has given me a cold. Yummy. So I thought I'd take this day to be productive on my blog :) I'm no stranger to Make Up Revolution products, I absolutely love love love them. They're such good value for money, i'm finding it hard to go back to buying high end products? As much as I want them, its hard to justify the prices when brands like Make Up Revolution exists. However, I don't feel this way for all of my products that I use on my face, some products I'll always stick to high end no matter what. 

Goodness me the rambling. I thought I'd try a few more products from their range... I also have the reviews on my Whats in my make-up bag? post :) 

Lets get started with Lipstick, I chose two shades out of their massive collection of lippies and two very different shades at that. Firstly, I chose a lipstick from their new #Liphug range which are only £2.50! I chose a beautiful nude to begin with in the shade "Not giving up"  



This is a great nude which will go perfect with any smokey eye, its really pigmented and easy to apply. For the price its amazing at how pigmented it really is? This is a perfect lipstick to go in your handbag as you know it will go with any outfit! Apart from its staying power which most lipsticks struggle with, it does have to be reapplied frequently, however for the price its totally worth pulling it back out of your make up bag. 

The second lipstick I picked up was more of a autumnal wintery shade called "Keeps the planet spinning

Its a beautiful light berry toned lipstick which is going to be perfect for the colder season I can tell. Just like 'Not giving up' it is super pigmented and so easy to apply, it feels so moisturizing and lovely on your lips. And its not very sheen either which is what I prefer in a lipstick personally. I would totally recommend picking up these two lipsticks or certainly looking at their range, I know I will be definitely repurchasing more colours. I'll leave some swatches below so you can see the shades and what colours they really look like.



Now onto face products! YAY.
I always thought I'd be a Benefit Hoola bronzer gal for life or no bronzer at all. Until I tried Make up Revolution Baked Bronzer in "Golden Days". I originally thought when I purchased this that it was going to be ridiculously shimmery and way too much for me to pull off. When I put it on for the first time I soon discovered it is buildable, if you want a light flush of bronze then its totally doable, but it also looks gorgeous if you build it up some more. It has the smallest amount of shimmer in it which I can handle and actually looks okay on my skin and works really well as a contour shade too. I love this bronzer and it makes a nice change from  my Benefit Hoola bronzer too. Reccomend it highly! 

Moving on to highlight, I purchased the Baked Highlighter in "Peach Lights" When I first got this out of the box I just  thought I think this is the most beautiful thing I have ever layed eyes on? As for appication...
I wasn't so sure on this at first, as it takes a long time to build up and I couldn't notice it very well on my skin. And I wasn't sure if I was adding too much and then would notice later on the day "Oh my god what HAVE I done to my face...?" Or maybe it looked alright?  I'm not so sure on this product so far, I'll keep trying it though, maybe I just need to practice some more! 

And Finally, Powder!
I picked up the "Porcelain soft pink" Pressed powder. Now I've always switched between Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder or Mac Mineralize skin finish. So I thought I'd give this a try, and I am really surprised at how pigmented it is! I'm yet to test its staying power on my face but I'll let you know how that goes. So far I'm very impressed with the pigmentation of this powder and how light and silky it feels on the skin. Also, is it really lame that I love how the product opens aswell? It just slides out of the outer packaging and comes with this cute little sponge which I might actually try aswell instead of a brush. EXCITING TIMES.


Have you had a look at Make Up Revolutions collection? Comment below and tell me what you think! 





No comments:

Post a Comment